Seeking a compassionate, energetic Nurse Practitioner to join a growing team of providers located within Evansville’s most advanced outpatient behavioral health facility. Midwest Behavioral Health has consistently delivered quality, professional behavioral healthcare to the Evansville and Tri-state communities for over seven years. Our highly trained medical professionals offer both clinical expertise and compassion to the patients we serve.
Midwest Behavioral Health’s Nurse Practitioner providers work in close collaboration with our Psychiatrist to deliver all aspects of acute and recurring mental or psychiatric diagnosis evaluation and medication management. Our Nurse Practitioners provide services to populations including pediatrics through adults. Ideal Nurse Practitioner candidates will have psychiatric nursing experience at the advanced practice level as well as experience providing care across the lifespan. Family NP, Psychiatric NP and Geri-Psych NP candidates will be considered.
Nurse Practitioner scope of work:
- Completing Medical History and Evaluation on patients presenting with mental health complaints
- Collaboration with the Psychiatrist regarding complicated medical issues
- Performing basic outpatient medication management for psychiatric patients in their own private practice
- Full Time, 36 hours per week
- Flexible schedules to accommodate individual needs
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
-Valid Nurse Practitioner Licensure in state of IN
-1 year of advanced practice clinical experience with the psychiatric patient population is desirable
-Certification to provide care to pediatrics through geriatrics highly preferred
-DEA licensure or ability to obtain
-Minimum of 5 years of nursing experience
-ability to provide 3 positive professional references documenting relevant clinical experience